Bubble Gum Ice Cream Recipe
Bubble gum ice cream is one of the most whimsical of flavors, a total immersion into a child's world – sort of like cotton candy. What could be better than bubble gum and ice cream together, at the same time? Ah … if only you could blow bubbles with it too! (We don't recommend trying – it would get kind of messy.)
This is a perfect flavor for a children’s birthday party or a family reunion. (Click here for more ice cream party ideas.) Dress it up with mini-marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate shavings or a big swirl of whipped cream.
The ice cream is so rich and smooth that grownups won’t be able to help themselves from enjoying it too.
For a bright pink bubble-gum-looking ice cream, add a drop of red food coloring when the mixture has chilled, before churning, and mix well.
2 cups cream
2 cups milk
2/3 cups sugar
70-100 grams of your favorite bubble gum
5 egg yolks
Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream Recipe
- Warm the milk, cream and sugar in a medium saucepan to a simmer.
- Add the bubble gum pieces.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for about an hour.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl. Strain the milk, removing the bubble gum.
- Return milk to pan and reheat until warm.
- Slowly pour the warm milk over the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to pan and cook over medium flame until it thickens. The mixture should coat the back of a spoon (about 82 C / 180 F on a candy thermometer).
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl.
- Chill the mixture well.
- Churn in your ice cream machine.
Return from Bubble Gum Ice Cream to
our Best Homemade Ice Cream Recipe page.
Return to The Ice Cream Maker Home page.