Easy Custard Ice Cream Recipe
This custard ice cream recipe is a simplified base for delicious homemade ice cream. Add a teaspoon of vanilla essence once it cools and you'll have a great, easy vanilla ice cream. Experiment with other flavorings of your choice, too.
¾ cup of sugar
2 cups of cream
1 cup of milk
- Beat the eggs and sugar until white and frothy.
- Warm the milk and cream, but do not simmer.
- Pour half a cup of the warm milk into the egg mixture, mix well and slowly add the rest of the milk and cream.
- Return mixture to pot and cook until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon - between 70 C (156 F) and 85 C (185 F). When it is ready, you should be able to run your finger down the back of the spoon and the line should stay there.
- Do not let the mixture simmer, or it will curdle.
Pour mixture into container and chill well before putting it into an ice cream maker.
Return from Easy Custard Ice Cream to How to Make Ice Cream
Click here to find more flavors at our best homemade ice cream recipe page.
Return to The Ice Cream Maker Home page